The National Signing Day is Feb. 6 and Arkansas has 17 commitments at this time with one more visit weekend remaining.
Arkansas' Sam Pittman has already impacted the recruiting class for the Razorbacks.
The class has started to kind of take shape with the last few spots still remaining. Here's a look at how Bret Bielema and his staff could put the finishing touches on this class assuming all 17 remain committed and they sign a full class.
18. Dual-Threat Quarterback-- This would give the class some multiple options at quarterback, but the Razorbacks would only sign another quarterback if they felt he was a near can't-miss recruit.
19. Running Back-- The biggest need left in this class. The Razorbacks currently don't have a running back committed. They are on some 4- and 5-star recruits and if they could add one of them that would be a huge plus for this class.
20. Running Back-- The Razorbacks lack numbers at this position so I could see them at least taking a second running back who might eventually be moved to another position.
21. Offensive Tackle-- Getting Dan Skipper was really a nice get by Bielema and Sam Pittman. Still, after not signing a tackle last year, it would be nice to add one or two more in this class. The Razorbacks are on three who all have had very good visits to Fayetteville. Don't ever count the duo of Bielema and Pittman out on a recruit.
23. Wide Receiver-- Arkansas has Drew Morgan, but have told him they would like to sign three in this class.
24. Wide Receiver-- The Razorbacks may not get a third wide receiver in this class and that won't be the worst thing that has happened to them. Bobby Petrino and his staff signed a good group of freshmen last year at wide receiver and they should all be contributors this year.
25. Safety-Outside Linebacker-- I say this mostly talking about if they could get Dominique Alexander or Skai Moore. It would nearly impossible to turn either of them down. If the unlikely situation of both these recruits wanted to come you might not take an extra wide receiver so you could take both of these. Moore may or may not visit Arkansas. He is looking hard at South Carolina and Rutgers with the Hogs still holding out hope for a visit. Alexander is committed to Oklahoma, but visited Arkansas and Kansas State the past two weekends. If I had to predict right now I would say Moore to South Carolina and Alexander to OU.
As I wrote previously, Arkansas may not sign a full class of 25, but this story is just based on the game of what if they do sign a full class what will it look like? I think the above scenario would be close to the way it would look. For this to happen, Arkansas would have to hit on a bunch of prospects at the end which would likely shoot the Razorbacks up tremendously in the team recruiting rankings at 247Sports.
Already have an account? Sign In